- HDMI Extension: The KN-HDMI REP 20 allows you to extend HDMI signals beyond the typical length limitations of HDMI cables. This extender is specifically designed to transmit HDMI signals over UTP cables, which can significantly extend the reach of HDMI connections.
- UTP Cable Compatibility: The extender is compatible with UTP cables, which are commonly used for Ethernet and networking applications. UTP cables consist of twisted pairs of wires and offer good signal integrity. The use of UTP cables with this extender allows for cost-effective and flexible installations, as UTP cables are often more affordable and easier to manage than long HDMI cables.
- Long-Distance Transmission: The KN-HDMI REP 20 supports the transmission of HDMI signals over long distances. While the exact transmission range may vary depending on the quality of the UTP cables used and environmental factors, this extender can typically transmit HDMI signals up to 20 meters (about 65 feet) or more.
- Full HD Support: The extender supports Full HD video resolutions, including 1080p. This means it can transmit high-definition video signals with excellent image quality and clarity.
- Plug-and-Play Setup: The KN-HDMI REP 20 is designed for easy installation and operation. It typically follows a plug-and-play setup, where you connect the HDMI source device to the transmitter unit and connect the receiver unit to the display or projector. Then, you connect the UTP cables between the transmitter and receiver units. No additional configuration or software is usually required.
- Power Requirements: The extender may require power to function. Some extender models have built-in power over Ethernet (PoE) support, allowing the transmitter unit to provide power to the receiver unit over the UTP cable. Alternatively, external power adapters may be used to power both the transmitter and receiver units.